So many organizations are hit hard by a number of the current economics of their Canadian and entire North American markets. Consequently, a range of organizations need to undergo some form of restructuring or downsizing to accommodate to the financial ailments. Even though the Unemployment Rate in Canada stayed unchanged at 7.10 percent in December of 2015, there’s definitely been a fad in the occupations which are available or are no longer available. Based on data fromtradingeconmics.com, “In December, employment increased by 17,000 in health care and social support, 15,000 in instructional services and 10,000 in finance, insurance, property and leasing. Conversely, employment dropped by 14,000 in lodging and food services and 7,900 in agriculture.” December saw a decrease of 6,400 fulltime places, so the requirement for outplacement services is there and available to all those organizations who need it. If your company is undergoing such alteration, the timing could be right to rate your requirement for outplacement.
Reasons to Consider Outplacement Services
So how can you decide if or when you need to look at providing outplacement services? In essence when you’ve got a need to transition workers either within your business or by your company then you need to be contemplating outplacement services.
Listed below are lots of reasons as to why your company might wish to consider looking into outplacement services.
1. Your company is restructuring
2. Your company is downsizing
3. Your company has been acquired by another company
4. Your answer or product that’s altering
5. You Demand a different center skill set in Your business offering
6. You’re expanding and want to transition workers to new or alternative branches
7. You’re expanding your service offering
8. Your organization will be experience a Significant fluctuation in business action
9. You Have to reduce operational costs
10. You’re confronting uncertainty of the economic climate on your business
11. There’s been considerable change in your business growth projections
12. Change in strategic leadership
13. You Will Need to have targeted layoffs based on the shifting market that may be impacting your parent company
14. You need to Decrease the negative Effect of layoffs in your workers
15. You need to encourage your employees in a new location or using a career change
16. Layoffs are coming and you need to “safeguard your brand” from damaging commentary
Historical data indicates that although outplacement services are more often used at the more senior occupation levels, 30 percent of company provides outplacement services for many staff members. While outplacement services may vary from worker counseling and career guidance to resume writing, job placement assistance, ability assessments and more, offering outplacement services might be significantly less intrusive than several other methods of decreasing the workforce on your own organization. As seen in this chart from http://www.hrma.cat here are quite a few approaches that organizations utilize to decrease staffing requirements.